This is my evaluation on various aromas used to flavor carbonated water.
Sodastream Mywater makes their aromas in 100 ml glass bottles that come with droppers but tend to have some problems.
- The aroma liquid itself is so thick that it does not flow easily out of the bottle.
- Being made of glass, it is also not possible to squeeze the liquid out.
- You can either keep the bottle in an inverted position for a few minutes for the liquid to flow downwards, or take the dropper out using a knife and then use a syringe.
- The Orange flavor of Sodastream Mywater has so little taste that increasing its dosage too is fruitless.
- Sodastream’s Strawberry-Lemon is quite good but its taste is like strawberry wine gum instead of fruit.
- Sodastream’s Lemon flavor is excellent and also their best.
Aromhuset Aromas, on the other hand are available in 30 ml PET bottles that come with droppers. These aromas have definite advantages thanks to the following.
- The quality of the droppers is excellent and they also work better than those of Sodastream.
- Being PET bottles, you can squeeze them till the last drop of liquid.
- Two thirds of one capsule can flavor one liter of water and this is easy to get familiar with. Once you flavor around twenty to thirty liters, you will be able to do it even without measuring.
- Aromhuset aromas are available in many flavors and I intend to try each flavor out before posting the results. I have tried around half of those already and my favorite flavors are peach, blackcurrant, melon, lemon, apple, and banana, and of course their passion fruit is simply awesome.