You can easily carbonate your own mineral water at home with a Sodastream drink maker. The Sodastream machines were invented by “Guy Gilbrey”, an Englishman, in 1903. It could make carbonated water right at home and attained great popularity in 1970’s and 1980’s. Soft drink manufacturers that introduced low priced soft drinks in 1.5 liter PET bottles almost wiped Sodastream off the map but the company bubbled back on to the scene due to many factors such as…
- People want to stay healthy while reducing the intake of sugar. Obesity is now spreading like an epidemic in many western countries with more people making comparatively healthy choices.
- Carbonated water through soda machines are much cheaper than bottled soft drinks and even pre-carbonated drinks from stores.
- The production of soft drinks has many environmentally damaging processes such as transporting finished drinks from manufacturers to warehouses and retailers, which produces harmful carbon dioxide in large amounts, excessive consumption of drinkable water, and no proper recycling facilities in some countries.
- Eliminates the need to manufacture and recycle millions of PET bottles.
- While soft drinks cost over $1 for a liter, comparatively, carbonated water costs but just a few cents.
The low price of carbonic acid along with saving the environment should be the perfect incentive to shift to making carbonated water at home. You will also save the trouble of moving filled and empty bottles to and fro from the store. But the feature that beats bottled drinks from stores is the sheer variety of fruit flavors including aromas that can be purchased from Aromhuset and used with Sodastream or other soda machines or even with bottled carbonated water from stores. Aromhuset flavors are available in 30ml bottles that makes it ideal for home consumption as it can easily provide flavor for 15 liters of carbonated water.
Swedish manufacturers of carbonated water have literally tasted success with the introduction of flavored carbonated water. Frankly speaking, flavored carbonated does taste better and simply refreshes better as compared to the unflavored variety. While making carbonated water at home, you can not only mix carbonic acid to your water as per the desired strength, but can also add flavors of your choice to prepare a tasty and refreshing drink. Children too simply love the flavor of Raspberry, Toffee and Banana in their carbonated water. Even if you compare the sugar content of a bottled soft drink that usually contains around 10% sugar (a 1.5 liter bottle of bottled soda has around 150 grams of sugar) then you can clearly observe the health benefits of shifting to home-made carbonated and flavored water.
To have more fun, simply mix various flavors to customize your own unique flavor. You will never get bored of tasting unique flavors like “black-currant with passion fruit” or “lemon with apple” or hundreds of different others simply based on your imagination. You will never get fed up of buying and trying different flavors. Even if you are on a low-carb diet or GI diet or the Atkins diet, you will still be able to safely enjoy your home-made flavored carbonated drink at all times.